Hey guys! Thanks for being great loyal readers. Thanks for your patience as I have taken some personal time off from blogging to grieve and adjust to life without mom. I want to do what I can to be of service to my readers, so here’s a recipe compilation of the top ten holiday turkey recipes for 2015. I hope you enjoy!
10. Martha Stewart’s Slow Grilled Turkey recipe. Martha Stewart brings such class to homemaking. This recipe truly brings out the best of the bird. Super moist, smokey meat garnished with crunchy mouth watering skin. Who goes for the grilled turkey legs at the fair? I sure do!
9. Roast Turkey with Cranberry Molasses Glaze. And I have to include… ‘ahem’… my family’s all time favorite. Roast Turkey with Cranberry Molasses Glaze. I have to rank this in the top ten for flavor and moist meat. This recipe has it all. Simple kitchen hacks will turn out juicy seasoned dark and white meat with crispy glazed skin that tastes like Thanksgiving! This recipe is also adapted from America’s Test Kitchen and the accolades never cease from my guests each year I serve it. The flavor is just amazing!
8. Croc-pot Turkey. And check out this fabulous stress-free idea! If you are the type who is so stressed about the meal that you can’t enjoy spending time with company (i.e. stuck in the kitchen cooking) then this is the recipe to ease your mind and make your Thanksgiving day a lovely experience. This recipe won’t produce crunchy skin, but many prefer not to eat the skin anyway. (You know, the whole ‘I’m watching my calories’ type :0)
7. Campbell’s Herb Roasted Turkey with pan gravy. It would be hard to find a Thanksgiving dinner in America that was made without using at least one Campbell’s ingredient. Their roast turkey recipe is simple and delicious!
6. Allrecipe’s ‘The Perfect Turkey’. The folks at Allrecipes have ‘The Perfect Turkey’. It’s a five star recipe and is a favorite for thousands of cooks.
5. Rachel Ray’s butterflied herbed turkey. One of Rachel Ray’s best recipes. Butterflying the bird speeds up the cooking time and presents more surface area for browning in the oven. Color = flavor. And check out all those fresh herbs! Cooking with fresh herbs takes any recipe to new heights.
4. The Pioneer woman’s favorite turkey brine and roasting recipe. The Pioneer Woman is my hero. She is seriously amazing and all her recipe’s are great. It’s no wonder she has become so popular, even signing a deal with Walmart for cryin’ out loud. Her favorite turkey brine is number 4 and includes a citrus element along with other aromatics to flavor the turkey meat. This is an absolutely delicious brine and you’ll want to make sure you leave the turkey in for the maximum amount of time recommended for this recipe. And Ree says use a fresh (never frozen) turkey for this one.
3. Paula Dean’s Fried Turkey Recipe. Frying your bird continues to be extremely popular. Because who doesn’t like fried turkey?! (Seriously….so goooood!) This recipe from Paula Dean ranks at the top for frying your bird. Make sure you take your time in your preparations, measure your oil correctly, and be safe :0)
2. Good Eats Roast Turkey Recipe. This recipe is fantastic! It’s been the number one turkey recipe on the food network for several years now. I love the’Turkey hacks’ Alton Brown uses to make this bird really stand out from the crowd. If you follow his step by step video, you can’t go wrong. This is truly one of the best foolproof recipes out there for a successful roast turkey. You will need an oven proof meat thermometer for this recipe. (Which you really should have for any of these recipes.)
1. Julia Child’s Stuffed Turkey Recipe. America’s Test Kitchen + Julia Child = Ultimate Greatness. I love all the Kitchen ‘hacks’ I learn from ATK, and they have applied their knowledge to the ever classic Julia Child’s stuffed turkey recipe. This one is an absolute winner. If you’re not concerned about presenting a whole ‘dressed’ fancy bird to your guests then I would go for this recipe. Breaking up the bird into it’s respectable parts allows you to stuff with complimentary ingredients and cook the white and dark meat to exact doneness together. Perfectly cooked and seasoned meet will ensure you have a terrific turkey dinner and your main course will be the star!
Free cookbook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!