How to make perfectly cooked scrambled eggs.
- 8 large eggs + 2 large yolks
- 1/4 cup half and half
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
- Beat the eggs, yolks, half and half, 3/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a medium mixing bowl just until color is pure yellow. You don’t want to over beat them.
- Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until the butter stops foaming. Don’t let it brown. Swirl the pan to coat evenly with the melted butter and gently pour in the egg mixture.
- With your heat proof spatula, firmly scrape along the bottom and sides of the pan constantly until you see the eggs start to clump. Your spatula will start to leave a trail on the bottom of the pan. This will go quickly, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir eggs until clumped and slightly shiny or wet, 30 to 60 seconds. Immediately transfer the eggs to warmed plates. Serve and season with salt and pepper to your tasting.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American