Spiced plum jam is a homemade stone fruit jam cooked with Christmas spices. Along with being a great recipe for canning or fruit preserves, a jar of spiced plum jam makes a beautiful holiday gift!
- 3 pounds of plums, washed, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 6 tablespoons store-bought lemon juice
- Place chopped plums in a large pot with non-stick coating or enamel-coated dutch oven. Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and lemon juice.
- Place over medium-high heat and stir very often until the plums have released their juices and flesh has broken down, approx 15-20 mins. Test for desired consistency with a chilled spoon after 10-12 minutes of continuous boiling.
- Remove from heat. Your jam is now ready for canning or freezing. (Or eating!)
Canning: Fill hot sanitized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
Processing times per elevation: Sea level – 1000 feet = 10 minutes; 1000 – 3000 feet = 15 minutes; 3000 – 6000 feet = 20 minutes; 6000 – 8000 feet = 25 minutes
- Category: Preserves
- Cuisine: American