This hearty ham chowder will warm your soul and have you licking the bowl.
- 1 pound chunk of Ham, cubed into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup of celery chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans of cream of potato soup
- 1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 can whole kernel corn in water
- whole milk
- In a large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium high heat, saute the ham, onion and celery until vegetables are softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then add in the cream soups, evaporated milk, cream cheese and corn with water. Stir constantly to mix together and melt the cream cheese. Remove from heat just before boiling. Add a little milk to thin the soup if it’s to thick for your liking. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
- Category: soup
- Cuisine: American