A sneaky way to add more vegetables into your diet and have a great satisfying low calorie meal.
- 1 Medium spaghetti squash (about 1 1/2 lbs.), washed, halved lengthwise, and seeds removed
- 2 Cups of your favorite low-fat marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package of frozen turkey meatballs ( I prefer Jenny-O brand)
- Place oven rack in the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Place the two halves of the squash facing down and poke the outside a few times with a fork. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- While the squash is cooling, warm up the turkey meatballs in a large frying pan. Once they are thawed, pour in the marinara sauce and heat to a simmer. Turn the heat to low.
- With a fork, rake the flesh of the squash into a large bowl. It will look like spaghetti-like threads. There should be about 3 cups. Discard the skin. Dish up the squash into individual servings and pour the marinara sauce and one or two meatballs onto each serving. sprinkle with Parmesan and basil and serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian