Chocolate cookies with a surprise caramel filling, drizzled with white chocolate.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 8 oz white chocolate melted
- 50 Rolo Candies
- Place oven racks in upper middle and lower middle position and set oven to heat to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and cocoa together.
- In a separate bowl, cream the sugars and butter together. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated. Mix the flour/cocoa mixture into the wet ingredients to make the cookie dough.
- Roll a roughly 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter ball of dough in your hand. Press one Rolo candy into the center until the edges of the dough are higher than the edge of the chocolate candy. Roll the dough again in your hand. It should completely surround the Rolo. The candy must be completely covered by the dough or the caramel will leak out while baking. Lightly touch the top of the dough ball into the chopped nuts. Place on a cookie sheet with the nut side up. Repeat with the remaining dough and candy until you have filled two cookie sheets.
- Place cookie sheets in the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating front to back and upper to lower halfway through baking.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack. When baking sheets are emptied, bake the next two batches. When the cookies are cool, drizzle with the melted chocolate using a spoon, or squeeze out of a ziplock bag with a tiny hole cut in the corner. Let the chocolate cool and set. Serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American