- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for garnish
- Adjust oven racks to upper middle and lower middle position. Set oven temp to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, or a stand mixer bowl, mix eggs, oil, and vanilla. Slowly incorporate the dry cake mix into the wet ingredients. The dough will be stiff. Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheets. Press the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the tops of the dough balls.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating your baking sheets from upper to lower and spinning back to front. Pull them out if you see any cookies begin to brown. ( There’s nothing wrong with a touch of brown, they just don’t look as pretty.) Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. They will be very soft. Serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!