- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for garnish
- Adjust oven racks to upper middle and lower middle position. Set oven temp to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, or a stand mixer bowl, mix eggs, oil, and vanilla. Slowly incorporate the dry cake mix into the wet ingredients. The dough will be stiff. Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheets. Press the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the tops of the dough balls.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating your baking sheets from upper to lower and spinning back to front. Pull them out if you see any cookies begin to brown. ( There’s nothing wrong with a touch of brown, they just don’t look as pretty.) Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. They will be very soft. Serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American