A delicious layer dessert, with chocolate pudding, whip cream, toasted coconut, and anchored with a light cookie crust. Great for a summer pic-nick or Sunday dessert.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 separate tablespoons salted sweet cream butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1 12 oz. container of whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 2 3.9 oz boxes of instant chocolate pudding or (2) 3.4 oz boxes of instant pistachio pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, toasted in the oven for about 5–7 minutes, or until portions turn golden brown.
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, nuts and butter in a food processor. Process until one or two solid clumps of dough form, about 10 seconds. Press into the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking dish using a spoon or by hand. Bake for 20 minutes if using a metal baking pan, or 25 to 30 minutes if using a glass dish. Remove when the crust has just begun to golden and is firm to the touch. Let cool 20 minutes before proceeding with the other layers.
- In a mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar, then add one cup of whipped topping. Mix until smooth. Spread over crust in pan, and place in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, add both pudding packets and milk together. Mix until smooth and thick, about three minutes. Pour and spread out over the cream cheese mixture. Place in the refrigerator.
- Set your oven to 350. on a baking sheet, spread out the coconut. Toast in the oven until portions are golden brown, about 5 minutes. It toasts fast, so watch carefully not to burn it. While the coconut is toasting, spread the rest of the whip topping over the pudding. When the coconut is done toasting and cooled a bit, sprinkle it over the top. Serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American