What could be better than whipped cream, marshmallows, coconut and deliciously sweet and tangy fruit?! Ambrosia salad may be a throwback to the good old days of the 50’s and 60’s, but it’s just as delicious today as it was back then. And I can’t think of a more perfect side dish for a picnic or barbecue. And so ridiculously easy to throw together too.
I remember as a child, having Ambrosia salad at church potlucks and Thanksgiving dinners and eating all the marshmallows out first! (I was a very picky kid :0) Anyway, you can really throw just about any type of fruit in that you like, there are endless combinations. They’re aaaaalllllllll good. You can’t go wrong with marshmallows and Cool Whip. Seriously.
Make some tonight and enjoy it!
The ultimate throw back marshmallow fruit salad that you can easily throw together. The perfect side for your next picnic, barbecue or holiday meal.
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 medium banana sliced thin
- 1 (15 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- (optional) 4 medium strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve.
- Category: Salad, Side
- Cuisine: American
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!