You can’t go wrong whipping up this casserole for dinner. It’s absolutely addicting and will have you all going back for seconds. A full meal in one dish.
- 3 medium size russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons salted sweet cream butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (about 1/3 a package) of cream cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons powdered onion soup mix
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 oz) sliced green beans
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Peel and cut the potatoes into approximately 1 inch chunks. Place in a pot and fill with water to 1 inch above the potatoes. Generously salt the water and set over a medium high burner. Boil the potatoes until soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain. Place in a stand mixer, or using a hand held mixer, whip the potatoes with the half and half, butter, cream cheese salt and pepper. Set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, brown hamburger in a large skillet using a wooden spoon to break into small pieces. Sprinkle the onion soup mix and salt and pepper over to season the meat. Stir often and cook until no pink spots remain. Drain excess fat from pan if necessary. Pour into a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Set your oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the condensed onion soup mix with the peas, corn and green beans. Spread out over the hamburger layer in the baking dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the vegetable mixture all the way to the sides of the dish. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the potatoes and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American