Easy and addicting, these Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut bars have dried cherries mixed right into the cookie dough. They are then smothered in chocolate and garnished with toasted hazelnuts.
- 1 recipe for Ultimate Butter Cookie Dough
- 1 cup dried cherries, minced
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, and finely chopped
- Move your oven rack to the lower-middle position and set the oven to heat to 375. Line a rimmed baking sheet (18X12 inch) with parchment paper.
- Press the butter cookie dough into the baking sheet to cover the entire bottom.
- Sprinkle the chopped cherries over the dough and gently press them in.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Right out of the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the baking sheet and let them melt for about 3 minutes, then spread evenly with a knife or spatula.
- While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle the final layer of chopped hazelnuts on top. Cool on a wire rack for at least 20 mins or until the chocolate has set up. Use a pizza wheel to cut into 1 1/2 inch squares or diamonds.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 bars