These Coconut-Lime Snowballs are absolutely adorable! They are super yummy too, and your kids will have a grand time helping you make these little holiday treats. I added a few shakes of white crystal sprinkles into the sweetened coconut for a little more of a glittery-snowy appearance. I really had fun setting up this photo shoot, I felt like I was working with real snowballs and fluffy white snow, only no worries about anything melting! Do you want to build a snowman? :0)
The taste of fresh lime juice is refreshing when it comes to holiday cookies~ I would definitely recommend picking up some fresh limes (not pre-squeezed juice) to use for this recipe. These little cuties are made with Ultimate Butter Cookie dough plus a little lime zest, rolled into teaspoon size balls and baked in the oven. Then they are bathed in a cream cheese glaze infused with fresh lime juice and rolled in sweetened coconut that has been refined a bit in a food processor.Print
Simple, easy, delicious and fun, Coconut-Lime Snowballs are bathed in a cream cheese glaze infused with fresh lime juice and rolled in sweetened coconut that has been refined a bit in a food processor.
- 1 recipe for Ultimate Butter Cookie dough with 1 teaspoon grated lime zest added with dry ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon room temperature cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Set oven to heat to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into teaspoon size balls (about 1 inch) and place on the baking sheet leaving about an inch of space surrounding each.
- Bake one batch at a time until light golden, about 12 minutes, and cool on a wire rack.
- Dip the cookies into the glaze (letting excess drip back into the bowl) and then roll in the coconut. Set them on a parchment sheet to dry and set (about 30 mins)
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies