These tasty sweet cookies are the perfect addition for setting the mood on a cold winter’s night while you sip coffee or hot chocolate by the fire.
- 1 recipe for Ultimate Butter Cookies dough prepared through step 3
- 2 tablespoons of Turbinado or any decorating sugar with large crystals
- 1 1/4 cups jam or preserves, strained and simmered for about 6 to 8 minutes to thicken then cooled to room temperature
- After you have rolled out one half of the cookie dough recipe, cut out cookies with a round cookie cutter approximately 2 inches in diameter. Bake on the middle rack at 375 degrees using a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Roll out the second half of the cookie dough and sprinkle the whole thing with the Turbinado sugar. Cut the dough with the same 2 inch diameter cookie cutter, then cut out the middle of those cut outs approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inches in diameter. Bake until golden at edges, about 8 minutes.
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon of jam on cooled solid cookies. Place one cut out ‘ring’ cookie on top and gently press to stick. Let them stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to set.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Serving Size: 2 cookies