Grilled caramelized Lemons provide the base for a fresh homemade rosemary garlic vinaigrette used to coat the chicken on the grill and dress the tossed salad. Amazingly flavored, calorie saving quick weeknight dinner.
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 12 cups salad greens, about 1 pound
- Preheat grill to about 350. Grill lemons cut side down over fire until deep brown and caramelized, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Combine about 3 tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice from the grilled lemons with the mustard, rosemary, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper and oil. Whisk until emulsified. Pour 1/3 cup in to a separate container and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry on both sides with paper towels. Brush chicken with remaining dressing. Place on grill and cook about 5 minutes per side or until center reaches 160 degrees. Remove from grill and tent with foil.
- Whisk 1/3 vinaigrette that was set aside earlier to re-combine and toss with salad greens. Serve with the chicken and enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American