Make it in the morning, go about your wintery day checking off your to do list (having a snowball fight) and it’s ready to warm you from the inside out when you return!
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes (approximately 5 medium sized potatoes), NOT peeled, diced in 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups frozen or canned corn
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Thyme (or your choice of herb)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Combine the bacon, potato, onion, corn, celery, seasonings and chicken stock in your slow cooker and set for desired time.
- When done, leave the slow cooker on warm. Blend about half the soup in a blender. Pour the blended soup back into the slow cooker and add the cheese and half and half. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid back on the slow cooker and warm it for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup