Perfect for the big game, these quick Superbowl Cheesesteak Sub sandwiches have big flavor but require little effort, so you can spend your time watching the game, sandwich in hand.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 pound shaved deli roast beef, cut into 2 inch strips
- 4 6-inch sub rolls, cut open lengthwise
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set your broiler to low. Move an oven rack to the upper middle position.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced onion and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Stir often until soft and golden, about 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and oregano and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the roast beef and steak sauce and stir to heat through, about 3 minutes.
- Place split rolls onto lined baking sheet. Divide meat among rolls and top with cheese. Broil about 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American