These potato wedges cook fast thanks to a short visit in the microwave before placing them in the oven. They are a crunchy, savory addition to any weak night dinner or game night.
- 6 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute (substitute garlic powder if this item isn’t available in your area)
- cooking spray
- Move an oven rack to the lowest position and set the oven to heat to 475. Slice the potatoes lengthwise into wedges about 1/4 inch thick. Place potato wedges into a large microwave safe bowl. Add in the vegetable oil, cornstarch, salt, pepper and 21 seasoning salute. Mix/ toss to thoroughly coat all the wedges.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and microwave for about 6 minutes, stopping half way through to mix and redistribute the potatoes in the bowl.
- Spread the potatoes in an even single layer in a rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Try to break up any wedges sticking together and lay them on their sides.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until spotty golden brown, flipping them over with tongs half way through. Serve with ketchup or fry sauce.
- Category: side
- Cuisine: American