I love my hot chocolate. I’m not a coffee drinker~ but I do consider myself a hot cocoa connoisseur. I love to try all sorts of flavors and combinations, and I like to have a cup in the morning as I sit at my desk and begin my day’s work.
Do you think there is a perfect hot chocolate recipe out there? I may have just found it….and now you have too! Creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate…where have you been all my life; oh cup of rich, chocolatey deliciousness?!
Creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate starts out like the picture above. Step one is to fill your slow cooker with milk, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and the chocolate of your choice. I used semi-sweet because, well, I like it best. And I even added an ounce of sugarless unsweetened chocolate to give a bit more richness and body to the cocoa flavor. Give the contents a few good turns with a whisk, place the lid on, and turn it to ‘high’ or the shortest timed setting (usually 4 hours). It only takes two hours to turn into this and it’s ready:
You can seriously go gourmet with this recipe for Creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate because it’s so easy! A few of my suggested recipe variations to try:
White chocolate vanilla~ substitute high quality white chocolate chips and stir in an opened vanilla pod in the slow cooker in step one.
Chocolate Chai spice~ add in to original recipe: 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground cardamom, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ground allspice in step one.
Latin American~ throw in a couple cinnamon sticks and a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder (a small pinch!) in step one.
Thanks to my friend Holly for introducing me to this recipe, my life has been enriched because of it :0) I have adapted my recipe from the Best Ever Creamy Crockpot Cocoa found on One Good Thing by Jillee.Print
Rich creamy hot chocolate made simple. Great for a party, it’s the perfect temperature to warm you from the inside out on a chilly day.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups milk
- In a large slow-cooker, combine all ingredients and stir to incorporate. The chocolate will settle to the bottom, this is ok.
- Set your cooker to high, or the 4 hour setting. After 2 hours, whisk melted chocolate and milk mixture until mostly combined. There will be tiny bits of chocolate that will not incorporate. Set your slow cooker to warm and serve with a ladle into mugs.
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American