Rich creamy hot chocolate made simple. Great for a party, it’s the perfect temperature to warm you from the inside out on a chilly day.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups milk
- In a large slow-cooker, combine all ingredients and stir to incorporate. The chocolate will settle to the bottom, this is ok.
- Set your cooker to high, or the 4 hour setting. After 2 hours, whisk melted chocolate and milk mixture until mostly combined. There will be tiny bits of chocolate that will not incorporate. Set your slow cooker to warm and serve with a ladle into mugs.
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American