A beautiful and simple way to serve fresh pears, slow cooked over several hours in aromatics that impart a lovely flavor. Serve with breakfast or after dinner as a dessert.
- 3 ripe but still firm pears, peeled, sliced in half and cored
- 1 bottle of sparkling cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced lengthwise tip to tip
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened (1/2 a package)
- 4 oz of marshmallow creme
- Place pears, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean in a slow cooker. Pour the entire bottle of sparkling cider over the pears and set the slow cooker to your desired time, (low for overnight) either high or low will work.
- When finished, remove pears and set aside. Discard the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean. Pour the poaching liquid into a large sauce pan, stir in the brown sugar, and boil over high heat until reduced to about one quarter the original amount of liquid. Remove from heat.
- Whip the cream cheese and marshmallow creme together with either a stand mixer or hand held mixer. Serve individual pears with a dollop of cream cheese mixture and syrup drizzled over the top.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1