Everything is better with bacon, especially guacamole.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted green chile
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tomato, cored and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- In a large skillet set to medium heat, brown chopped bacon until crispy. Remove to cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the green chile, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, cilantro and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl. Place the flesh from one avocado in the bowl and mash all the ingredients together.
- Slice the rest of the peeled and pitted avocados into 1/2 inch cubes and place in the bowl with the mashed avocado. Add in the diced tomato and the bacon, and gently stir all together. If not serving immediately, press plastic wrap onto the entire surface and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: New Mexican
- Serving Size: 6