- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrots and saute for about 12 minutes or until they’re golden brown in spots.
- Pour in the chicken broth and brown sugar and stir to evenly incorporate. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Place the sprigs of rosemary on top of the carrots and cover with a lid. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and cook for one additional minute or until the liquids are almost absorbed. Remove the rosemary sprigs and serve.
- Category: side
- Cuisine: american