Deviled eggs with a healthy twist.
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a jar is fine) blotted dry with paper towels and minced
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice (two or three limes)
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic pressed through a garlic press or minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- minced parsley to garnish
- Place the chickpeas, red pepper, water, lime juice, tahini paste, cumin, garlic, olive oil and salt in a food processor and process until very smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Slice the eggs in half and discard the yolks.
- Place a spoonful of Hummus into each egg. Lightly sprinkle paprika over the top of each egg, then garnish with the minced parsley if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American