Stir Fry seasoned with a freshly homemade ginger garlic sauce. Your mouth will be happy and your body will be healthy. (It will thank you.)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed (still a bit crunchy)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons peeled, chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 small yellow onion (about 1 cup diced)
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, seeded and diced
- 1 pound boneless pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips 1/2 inch wide, about 2 inches long
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds to garnish if desired
- In a blender add 1/2 cup of chicken broth, ginger and garlic. Blend until mixture is minced well. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, set temperature to medium high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the onion and bell pepper and saute for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables become tender and start to brown. Remove from skillet, set aside and cover with foil.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, and pour in the ginger garlic sauce. Boil it for about 30 seconds to a minute, stirring constantly (You’re scraping up all the flavor left from the onion and veggies so it can incorporate into your stir fry.)
- Next add in the pork in a single layer and sprinkle the soy sauce over it. Let it cook, without stirring, for about one minute. Stir and cook for an additional two or three minutes, until the pork is mostly browned. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli. Cook and stir occasionally for about three minutes. Mix the cornstarch and cold water. Move the stir fry contents to the edges of the pan and pour in the cornstarch mixture in the center. Stir to thicken the sauce. Then add in the onion/bell pepper mixture. Stir it all together and remove from heat. Serve over steamed jasmine rice and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve.
- Category: entree
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1