Hey there fabulous readers! Just a heads up that this post is sponsored by Chosen Foods, and I am so excited to feature their Avocado Oil Mayo in my recipe for Cherry Orange Chicken Salad with Candied Walnuts. Sounds fabulous right? Well it is :0) I am proud to be sharing a product with you that features real, clean ingredients in my recipe.
I was lucky enough to score a jar of Chosen Foods Avocado oil Mayo in my swag bag from a recent food blogging conference. The day after I got home, foodie inspiration hit and I whipped up a batch of chicken Salad using this mayo and some other ingredients I had on hand. Oh sooo good. I love when a new recipe comes together! And the avocado oil mayo was the icing on the cake for my latest recipe creation.
Avocado oil Mayo is much healthier than traditional mayo.
Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo is great because it not only tastes fabulous, it’s non-GMO and made with cage free eggs. So it’s Paleo/Primal friendly. It’s also canola and soy free too. Avocado oil is great for you; it’s high in Omega 9, the heart healthy (cardio protective) fat that is also found in olives and olive oil. (I love me some avocados, yes I do!)
Most mayo’s on the market contain genetically modified, industrial seed oils like soy, corn and canola. Chosen Foods mayo is made with pure avocado oil and really does taste like your favorite mayo!
A quick, simple and delicious chicken salad recipe.
I am a busy mom on the go and I wrote this recipe for use with a rotisserie chicken because it’s quick and easy. You of course can alter the recipe to use chicken from any source you prefer. Just grab your chicken from the grocery store along with fresh cherries, an orange, some celery, walnuts and avocado oil mayo and you’re set for this recipe. Simple is beautiful my friends!
I love the taste of candied walnuts, don’t you? They are super simple to make at home! Just cook some chopped nuts in a little sugar and butter until the moisture evaporates; cool them on some parchment paper and a candy shell forms. If you need to avoid sugar, no prob! Just skip the sugar and butter and cook the nuts plain over medium heat for about five to seven minutes to roast them and really bring out those fantastic nutty flavors. Then add them to your Cherry Orange Chicken Salad.
Taste testers found that this recipe for Cherry Orange Chicken Salad with Candied Walnuts was 100% yummy. No doubt in part to the use of Chosen Foods Avocado oil Mayo. This recipe would be delicious for a brunch book club meeting, baby shower or your kids lunches. Especially served on some great bread or a croissant. I always love to hear your thoughts and how you like the recipe if you try it!Print
Juicy rotisserie chicken chunks, fresh chopped cherries, orange zest and candied walnuts mixed together with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo. Delicious combo!
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones (or 4 cups shredded chicken)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cherries (pits removed)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, combine shredded chicken, celery, cherries, a pinch of salt/pepper, orange zest and orange juice. Pulse about 8 to 10 times, or until your preferred desired consistency (some like it chunky, some don’t). Place in a covered bowl and chill in the fridge while moving on to the next step.
- In a small saucepan, combine the walnuts, butter and sugar. Set to medium heat and stir occasionally. When liquids begin to simmer, stir often and cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the liquid has mostly evaporated. Empty the nuts onto a piece of parchment paper and spread them out to cool.
- Remove the bowl of chicken mixture from the fridge and stir in the mayo and nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!