A beefed up version of the classic New Mexican Green Chile Cheeseburger, these burgers get their amazing flavor from homemade hamburger patties, loads of green chile, fresh avocado slices and fry sauce dressing.
- 1 recipe for Amazing DIY Hamburger Patties
- fry sauce
- 2 cans fire roasted green chile (hot or mild)
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 – 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and dried, broken into hamburger sized pieces.
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and broken in half
- fry sauce
- Grill the hamburger patties until desired doneness. Before removing patties from the grill, place a slice of cheese over the top of each, close the lid and cook on low heat for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove patties from grill and tent with foil for 2 minutes.
Assembling the Cheeseburgers
- Spread the bottom bun with fry sauce. Place a hamburger patty on top, then layer with a spoonful of green chile, one or two slices of tomato, two slices of avocado, two pieces of bacon, and lettuce. Drizzle more fry sauce over the top of the lettuce. Finish by placing the top bun on the burger and eat it like you haven’t seen food in weeks. Enjoy.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: New Mexican