Looking for an easy alternative to homemade peach pie? Try these easy peach mini galettes. They’ll satisfy your craving without all the work of a traditional pie.
- 4–5 large ripe peaches
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3–4 Tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 prepared single layer pie dough disk
- Peel and pit the peaches. Slice thinly. Combine sliced peaches with sugars, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, vanilla, lemon juice and flour. Toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Remove pie dough disk from refrigeration and let it warm at room temperature for about 15 minutes, until pliable. Roll out on a floured surface.
- Place handfuls of prepared peaches in small ‘piles’ on the dough, leaving at least a 1” -2” edge of dough around the peaches. Pull up the dough and cover the edges of the peaches, tearing it apart between each pile of peaches and continuing to fold the dough over the edges. Make sure there are no thin spots or holes around the edges of the peaches.
- Lightly brush the egg wash onto the top portion of the dough (not on the peaches). Sprinkle the whole top of the mini galette with turbinado sugar. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for about 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Cool and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 galette