Have you ever had Bolognese Sauce on your pasta? If you haven’t, it’s a hearty, chunky sauce that includes several types of meats and vegetables. Made from scratch, it’s amazingly delicious and can also set you back a good hour with all the prep work involved. I’ve made it the long way before, but I thought I’d create a 25 Minute Pasta Bolognese Dinner for busy families who are looking for a satisfying meal amid the weekday chaos.
25 Minute Pasta Bolognese Dinner
This recipe is super simple because it only has five ingredients (six if you count your pasta) and the pasta cooks while you make the sauce. I love these pasta dinners because they are so fast and easy to make! I don’t know about you, but once my kids get home from school the house is just one step away from chaos~ I’m trying to help my boys with their homework, keep my toddler from distracting them, all while trying to cook dinner. (My kids get home from school very late in the afternoon.)
Bolognese sauce works great with just about any pasta; in these photos I’ve used linguine. While waiting for your pasta water to boil, simply saute some chopped bacon, then add chopped carrot, Italian sausage and ground beef in a large skillet on medium high. Once the ground meets are completely cooked through, stir in 1/2 a jar (about 1 and 1/2 cups) of your favorite tomato based pasta sauce. Cook for another minute or two until the sauce is heated. Your pasta should be done by now; drain and serve with your quick Bolognese sauce and top with freshly grated Parm. Rest your weary feet and enjoy spending more time with your family and less time in the kitchen!
You will seriously love this Bolognese sauce! The bacon, sausage and carrot really give great flavor to this sauce. It’s so nice to have fresh, from scratch tasting Italian food that will feed a family of six no problem. I hope you find this recipe helpful and delicious. Enjoy!Print
25 Minute Pasta Bolognese Dinner is the weekday solution you need to help you spend more time with your family around the dinner table and less time in the kitchen.
- One package of Linguine or your choice pasta
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped fine
- 1 large carrot (or 2 small), peeled and chopped fine (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 Mild or Sweet Italian Sausage link, casing removed
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (about half a 28 oz jar)
- Fill a large stock pot or dutch oven with several quarts of water (enough to cook your pasta), cover and set to boil on high heat. When it reaches a full boil, add 2 tablespoons salt and pasta to water. Stir immediately and then cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, while waiting for the pasta water to boil, add bacon to a large pan set over medium high heat. Cook Bacon for about 3 minutes, then add in the carrot and other meats. Cook, stirring often and breaking up ground meats, until ground meats are cooked through and no longer pink.
- Stir in the marinara sauce into the meat mixture and heat through.
- Your pasta should be done around this time, drain, saving some pasta water in a separate container.
- Serve the Bolognese sauce over the pasta and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. If the pasta begins to stick, add some of the reserved water and toss to loosen.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
If you’re looking for more recipes like this, try my 25 Minute Tortellini and Sausage Dinner. It’s amazing :0)
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!