These adorable little confections will be a hit at any holiday party or make a memorable gift.
- 1 Box of Pillsbury Moist Supreme Chocolate Cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 Containers of Pillsbury Holiday Frosting with sprinkles
- 1 Jar of strawberry or raspberry preserves
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F. Make cake mix according to directions on the box, substituting the milk for water and butter for oil. Line a 13 X 9 inch rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and spray the sides. Pour in cake batter and bake for about 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 30 mins.
- Remove cake by placing parchment paper over the top and a flat baking sheet. Holding onto all with both hands flip over and cake should easily release. Pull top layer of parchment off and place a large cutting board over top. Flip again so the cake is resting on the cutting board. Remove parchment paper.
- Using floss or a cutter, slice cake in half horizontally creating two very thin layers. Slip a flat cookie sheet under the top layer and remove.
- Spread a layer of fruit preserves (strawberry or raspberry) over the bottom layer. Replace the top layer of cake. Frost the top with funfetti frosting as smoothly as possible. Freeze the cake for at least 1 hour.
- Working quickly, slice the edges off the cake, then slice cake into 1″ rows, then into 1″ squares. Place the squares on a cooling rack set over parchment paper.
- Remove lid and seal from frosting container and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds to create frosting glaze. Spoon glaze over each cake, ensuring all sides and corners are covered. Sprinkle tops with decorations. Chill the entire rack with cakes on top in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Remove cakes with a knife and place cakes into paper liners. Cover and store cakes in fridge or freezer for up to 1 week.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: French