These crunchy, savory little finger foods are perfect for watching the big game, or make a great appetizer for your next party. You can make them ahead of time and freeze them for up to 5 days until you’re ready to fry them up.
- ½ lb imitation crab sticks or lump crab meat
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tablespoons of minced scallions or chives
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 2–3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Combine the crab, cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar and scallions together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet or other deep sided oven safe cookware to about 2 inches deep and set the heat to medium high. Once 350 degrees is reached, turn the heat down to maintain temperature.
- While the oil is heating up, prepare wontons by running a finger dipped in clean water along the edge of each wrapper. Place roughly 1 teaspoon of filling in the center. Fold and fry for about 2-3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels. Serve immediately with any asian dipping sauce of choice.
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: Asian