So good you’ll have to double check that it’s really tuna salad! Liven up that boring ol’ tuna salad with some gourmet ingredients!
- 3 (5 ounce) cans solid white albacore tuna packed in water
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jarred roasted red peppers (patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons drained and minced capers
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- Microwave the onion and oil in a small container for about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool. Drain tuna in a fine mesh strainer and blot dry with paper towels. Combine the tuna in a mixing bowl with the onion olive oil mixture, the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, sugar, red pepper and capers. Mix with a fork until well incorporated and tuna is finely flaked. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in mayonnaise and celery. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Category: Salad, Seafood
- Cuisine: American