Gather a large family or small crowd around this healthy and super delicious grilled chicken summer salad.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 4 limes, juiced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 pieces Member’s Mark boneless chicken thighs, thawed
- 3 cups Coca-Cola®
- 6 cups salad greens of your choice
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, sliced thin
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, cumin and salt together by hand or in a food processor.
- Marinate the chicken by placing in a large container or zippered baggie and pouring in the Coca-Cola® and 1/4 cup of the dressing. Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken according to package directions (about 10 minutes on one side, 5 on the other over medium high heat) until done. Tent with foil.
- Combine the salad greens, corn, beans, avocado and bell pepper. Pour the remaining dressing over and toss to coat. Slice the chicken into strips and add to the salad. Serve.
If you’re not a fan of the heat from jalapenos, be sure to also cut the ribs (light colored parts) out of the chili’s. Much of the residual heat is found there. Cut them out and the chili’s should be mild.
- Category: Tex-Mex
- Cuisine: Salad