These sweet potato fries will be a delicious and crispy side to any great summer menu. They can be made through step 2 and frozen until you’re ready to fry them up. (See Note Below.)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks or spiralized
- 1 quart frying oil (your choice)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup club soda, chilled
- 1 Tablespoon Simply Organic Southwestern Seasoning
- Fill a medium sized cast iron skillet (any deep sided skillet will do) with frying oil no higher than 3/4 inch from the top. Set the temp to medium high.
- While the oil heats, stir chilled club soda and cornstarch together until smooth.
- Place paper towels underneath a wire cooling rack. Dip the fries into the cornstarch mixture and let the excess drip back into the bowl. Lay the dipped fries onto the cooling rack.
- When the oil reaches 375 degrees F, fry the potatoes in batches until golden and stiff, 3-6 minutes for each batch. Lay on a paper towel lined plate and immediately season each batch with a pinch (more or less to taste) of Simply Organic Southwestern Seasoning. Serve or keep in a warm oven up to 30 mins.
To Freeze: After dipping in the cornstarch mixture, place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and freeze for about 30 mins. Place fries in a ziplock bag and keep frozen for up to a month. When ready to fry, place frozen fries into hot oil and proceed with the recipe, frying just a bit longer than normal.