These fun little Crispy Baked Southwestern Tortilla Chips are such a great snack; full of flavor, they’ll satisfy any crunch cravings. I found a similar recipe in a Biggest Loser cookbook recently and I wanted to share it with you. So if you’re looking for simple and healthy snack options, I highly recommend this recipe!
I don’t know about you, but I like to snack while I work on the computer (I know, not the best habit…) and I often reach for less-healthy snack options. But now I have a much better solution. Crispy Baked Southwestern Tortilla Chips have a fantastic flavor and I can snack guilt free! A serving of 16 is only 105 calories; woo hoo for me!
How to make Crispy Baked Southwestern Tortilla Chips
These Crispy Baked Southwestern Tortilla Chips are crazy simple to make. Just cut up all those old corn tortillas sitting in your pantry into chip wedges, spray them with cooking spray, and season them with a mixture of cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder, and salt. There is some amazing spice magic goin’ on with these chips!
Lay them out flat on baking sheets and bake them just until they’re crispy and dried out. Let them cool and you’re ready to chow down.
Crispy Baked Southwestern Tortilla Chips
Yield 6 16 chip servings
These crispy corn chips are delicious, easy, healthy and addicting!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Set oven to heat to 325 degrees F. Divide the tortillas into stacks of three or four. Using a pizza cutter, cut stacks into tortilla size wedges (around 8 chips per tortilla).
- Arrange the tortilla wedges in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets. Spray the chips with cooking spray. Mix the cumin, chili powder, chipotle and salt. Sprinkle half the spices over the chips.
- Flip the chips and repeat step two, spraying with cooking spray and sprinkling the rest of the seaoning over the chips.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the chips just barely begin to brown, rotating the baking sheets at about the 7 minute mark. Cool and serve.
Serving Size 16 chips
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.2 g
Sodium 123 mg
Total Carbohydrates 21.8 g
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 2.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!