Kick that nasty cold with some powerful tropical cold fighting ingredients! Banana, Cara Cara orange, pineapple, coconut, honey and ginger are blended with a sprinkling of chia seeds and coconut water to give your immune system a powerful boost.
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup Bai Antioxidant Cocofusion Molokai Coconut beverage
- 2 Cara Cara Oranges, peeled and separated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 heaping tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste, or freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Run the chop ice feature if you have it for about 10-20 seconds. Then puree for 1 to 1 and 1/2 minutes. Pour into serving bowls and top with muesli or granola and fresh fruit if desired. Serve.
Regular oranges can be substituted for Cara Cara oranges, and any brand of coconut water can be substituted for Bai Molokai coconut beverage.
- Category: smoothies
- Serving Size: 1 and 1/2 cups
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 46.6 g
- Sodium: 128 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 62.4 g
- Fiber: 10.2 g
- Protein: 4.7 g