You Really need Nutella Banana Bread in your life.
Moist, delicious banana bread is already amazing on it’s own, however this recipe for Nutella Banana Bread is ‘knock your socks off’ amazing!
Yogurt in this banana bread batter keeps it nice and moist and gives it a great flavor. Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together with a spatula or wooden spoon just until no white streaks remain. Be careful not to overmix, or it will bake up flat. This goes for any quick bread recipe (like zucchini or gingerbread). If you over mix it you’ll create too much gluten that will make the dough stiff.
How to make Nutella Banana Bread
Pour out just enough banana bread batter to cover the bottom of a greased and floured bread/loaf pan.
Drizzle very warm Nutella over the batter. Try to avoid large clumps (like I did in the above photo), but if you get them it’s not the end of the world ;0) Top with another thin layer of banana bread batter and drizzle more Nutella over the top. Repeat these steps until the batter is all used up. Drizzle some Nutella lightly over the top as the final layer.
Take a long wooden skewer and gently stir the batter in a horizontal motion to make swirls of Nutella deep inside the loaf pan. You’ll only need to do this three or four times. The goal is just to make swirls, not completely mix the Nutella into the batter.
To finish it off, drag the skewer over the top in alternating directions to make the pretty pattern shown above. Then pop it in your preheated oven and bake for about 55 minutes. Test with a clean wooden skewer in the center for doneness; it is done when NO yellow-colored banana bread batter sticks to the skewer. (Nutella stuck to it is okay).
Nutella Banana Bread will be your new favorite, and your friends will love you forever if you share (just sayin’). Enjoy, and please rate this recipe and share your comments below!
Nutella Banana Bread
Yield 1 loaf
The best banana bread recipe out there swirled with smooth chocolate Nutella is a delicious match made in heaven. The easy technique used in this recipe swirls the Nutella throughout the bread so it will hold its shape when sliced.
- 2 cups flour plus more for dusting pan
- 1 tablespoon of shortening or butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- wooden skewers
- Grease and flour a 5X9 (standard size) loaf bread pan with shortening or butter, and a dusting of flour. Set aside. Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix and mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture just until no white streaks remain. Be careful not to overmix. Pour just enough banana bread batter into the loaf pan to cover the bottom.
- Microwave Nutella for about 10-20 seconds; long enough to make it very warm and thin. Using a wooden spoon, drizzle streaks of Nutella randomly over the batter in the loaf pan, being careful to leave lots batter exposed.
- Pour another layer of batter over the nutella to fully cover it. Drizzle another spoonful of Nutella over that batter in the same manner as before. Cover fully with more batter.
- Repeat layers until no more banana bread batter remains, drizzling the rest of the Nutella on top of the batter, being careful to leave plenty of batter exposed.
- Use a wooden skewer to swirl the Nutella in the batter by holding it at a very shallow angle (as close to horizontal as the loaf pan will allow). Swirl up and down inside the batter from one end of the loaf pan to the other. You don't want to completely mix in the Nutella, just swirl it around so there aren't any big clumps of it in the bread.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 55-60 minutes. Remove and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before gently tipping the pan over and allowing the bread to slide out. Cool completely, about 45 minutes, on a cooling rack before slicing and serving.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Saturated Fat 8.8 g
Cholesterol 51 mg
Sodium 291 mg
Total Carbohydrates 59.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
Sugars 36.8 g
Protein 6.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!