This Recipe for Fresh Virgin Strawberry Margaritas is Delicious, Easy and Fun
You don’t need alcohol to have fun with this drink in your hand, the fresh ingredients in just the right amounts are like a party in your mouth! This drink is made with fresh strawberries, freshly squeezed lime juice, agave nectar to sweeten it up, all kissed with the lightest overtones of orange, thanks to using orange extract instead of plain old orange juice.
Add these ingredients to a blender with some ice and a bit of water, and blend away. The bright refreshing flavor of these Fresh Virgin Strawberry Margaritas is sooooooo amazing.
I know this is a piña colada glass, but it’s cute and I’m using it, so judge me :0) Decorate those glasses by running a little lime wedge around the rim and pressing it into salt, or sugar if salt isn’t your thing… then stick a fresh strawberry on the rim for a super cute garnish to finish out the whole look!
Of course it doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo to enjoy Fresh Virgin Strawberry Margaritas, you can totally make up any kind of excuse to be holding one of these lovelies in your hand. :0)
Fresh Virgin Strawberry Margaritas
Yield 2 drinks
This recipe for Fresh Virgin Strawberry Margaritas tastes so good, you'll hardly notice the difference. Made with fresh lime juice, fresh strawberries, and sweetened with agave nectar. A touch of orange extract is what sets this recipe apart from others and gives you that perfect Margarita taste.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries, washed and hulled (green leaves removed)
- Ice cubes
- salt or sugar to line the glass rims
- Place water, orange extract, lime juice, agave nectar, strawberries and 12 ice cubes into a blender. Run the ice chop setting (if available) for about 5 seconds, then puree for about 25 seconds.
- Rub rims of glasses with a lime wedge, then press into salt or sugar to line the rims. Place a few ice cubes into glasses, then fill glasses with mixture and serve.
Serving Size 1 cup (1/2 the recipe)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.7 g
Sodium 151 mg
Total Carbohydrates 42 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 1.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!