Comfort food with that smoky grilled flavor, Grilled Meatloaf Burgers are the best of both worlds and a fun way to shake things up for summertime grilling. This recipe includes a special Grilled Meatloaf burger sauce too!
- 16 Saltine Crackers, crushed to crumbs (2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 3 dashes of Tabasco hot sauce (adjust to your taste)
- Preheat your gas or charcoal grill and clean the grate.
- Place the cracker crumbs, milk, dried parsley, worcestershire sauce, egg, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper into a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Add both ground beef and pork to the bowl. Mix contents of the bowl thoroughly. Form into burger patties by hand or with a burger press or mold, and place in the fridge to chill while you make the sauce.
- Place vegetable oil into a small bowl. Dip a wad of paper towels into the oil for a few seconds to absorb the oil. Hold the wad of paper towels with tongs and brush oil onto your grill grate. Discard the paper towels. Gently place burgers on the grill and cook until desired doneness (I recommend 6-8 minutes per side for well done).
- When burgers are cooked to desired doneness, cover lightly with foil. Stir together all the ingredients for the sauce. Spoon special sauce over burgers instead of ketchup and serve on buns with the usual burger fixings like tomato, onion, lettuce, etc.
Nutrition information is for Grilled Meatloaf burger and sauce only and does not include any additional fixings like vegetables or bun.
Saltine crackers can be replaced with 2/3 cup of panko bread crumbs, regular plain bread crumbs, or two slices of white bread, crust discarded and bread broken into very small chunks.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pattie with 1 tablespoon sauce
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 559 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7 g
- Protein: 34.5 g
- Cholesterol: 116 mg