Moist oatmeal streusel covered in chocolate chips and drenched in caramel, these Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Chewies are quick to throw together and are always a big hit at cookie exchanges, in school lunches and on picnics.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 14 ounce bag of Ghiradelli or Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees. Spray or grease a 13X9 inch baking dish.
- Combine oats, 1 cup of flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until no large clumps remain. Stir in the melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts over the crust. Mix the caramel topping and flour until no white streaks remain. Drizzle caramel mixture over the bars, keeping away from the edges.
- Bake the bars for 20 minutes more. Remove and cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
- Category: Desert
- Cuisine: American