Fluffy popcorn smothered in buttery caramel the quickest easiest way- in the microwave! No more hassle with stove top or oven cooking, this recipe gets you delicious caramel corn asap.
- 7 quarts of plain popped popcorn
- 1 batch of Easy Microwave Caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- cooking spray
- parchment paper or other non stick paper
- Spray the inside of a large stockpot (at least 8 quart) with cooking spray. Fill with popped popcorn.
- Make Easy Microwave Caramel through step 2 of the recipe. Remove from the microwave and remove the plastic wrap (be careful of steam burns!) from the top. Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn and stir with a large wooden spoon until fully coated. Turn out onto parchment paper to cool. Form into popcorn balls or break apart for snacking.
If a crunchier version is desired (like cracker jacks), set your oven to heat to 250 degrees F. Spray a large metal roasting pan or two disposable aluminum roasting pans with cooking spray. Fill roasting pans with freshly made caramel corn and bake in the oven for about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove, cool for at least one hour and serve.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American