This Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle is a towering masterpiece of spice cake, whipped pumpkin cream cheese and candy goodness. It’s also one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make that always impresses guests with it’s beauty and decadent flavors.
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
Whipped Pumpkin Cream Cheese
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes of instant cheesecake flavor pudding
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 cup praline pecans (or candied pecans) chopped
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease a 9X13 inch pan with crisco or cooking spray. Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F.
- Place the water vegetable oil and eggs in a mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl. Whisk to combine and break the yolks. Beat in the cake mix, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla pudding mix. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter out into prepared baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes before cutting it into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Beat together the milk, pumpkin puree and both boxes of cheesecake flavored pudding until evenly combined and chill for 5 minutes in the fridge. Fold in the cool whip (using a large spoon or spatula) until no white streaks remain.
- Place a layer of cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Place a layer of pumpkin cheesecake on top about an inch thick. Sprinkle with praline pecans and mini chocolate chips. Place another layer of cake cubes on top and repeat until all the ingredients are used or trifle has reached the top of the bowl. Sprinkle one final layer of pecans and chocolate chips on top and chill the trifle in the fridge for one hour before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 24.7 g
- Sodium: 334 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg