Make and Share DOVE® Peanut Butter Button Cookies for a Special Holiday Gift
This posts has been sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
DOVE® Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttons are the holiday cookies you didn’t know you needed in your life! They are sooo easy and fun to make thanks to Sam’s Club, the ONLY place you can purchase your very own pantry jar full of DOVE® Chocolate Silky Smooth Promises. Each pantry jar comes with over 100 pieces of Silky Smooth Promises in three different dark chocolate flavors! Plenty of chocolates to make plenty of cookies. Which is great because you can keep some for yourself and still have plenty more to give away to friends, family, and cookie exchanges!
I love shopping Sam’s Club around the holidays; they have so many great items at great prices. I found this DOVE® Chocolate pantry jar in the bulk candy/chocolate aisle of the store. As soon as I saw it, I knew I’d use it to make my own version of peanut butter blossom cookies; I wanted a different “sophisticated” version for chocolate connoisseurs like myself who adore DOVE® Chocolate dark chocolates. Buy a container at Sam’s Club here to make your own Peanut Butter Buttons.
How to make DOVE® Peanut Butter Buttons
This recipe is really easy to throw together; you probably have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry. You’ll start by creaming together butter, shortening, peanut butter, white and brown sugars, vanilla, and some half and half (or milk).
Next, whisk together the all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture to form peanut butter dough.
Roll the dough into balls about one inch in diameter. I happened to have some colored sugar crystals handy, and I rolled my peanut butter dough balls in it for an extra touch of holiday magic! This is totally optional :0).
Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes in a 350°F oven. While they bake, unwrap several DOVE® Chocolate Silky Smooth Promises. Working quickly, press a promise into the center of each cookie. Place the cookies back into the oven and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for a couple more minutes, then gently place cookies on a cooling rack.
What is the best part about making DOVE®Peanut Butter Buttons?
My favorite part of making these cookies is how dang delicious they are and that there’s three different varieties of chocolate for people to taste! So, you have to eat at least three so you can try them all…..
My second favorite part of making these cookies is reading all the wonderful little promises on the underside of the foil wrappers. They are so cute, and some of them really make you think!
When creating this recipe, I wanted to put the DOVE® Chocolate Pantry Jar Silky Smooth Promises jar to use and make a lot of cookies. But I also wanted to have at least a few chocolates for myself- you never know when you’re gonna need a piece of chocolate, especially during the holiday season (wink wink).
I think these DOVE® Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttons are adorable and delicious. I’ve gotten rave reviews from cookie taste testers and gift recipients. So be sure to spread Christmas cheer this year and pick up a DOVE® Chocolate pantry jar at Sam’s Club for some fabulous Christmas cookies!Print
If you’re a fan of dark chocolate, you’ll love DOVE® dark chocolate Peanut Butter Buttons, made with silky smooth DOVE® Chocolates. Make some cookies for yourself and some to give away with a stop by Sam’s Club for a DOVE® Silky Smooth Promises Pantry jar that holds a whopping 108 pieces.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons half and half (or milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 80 assorted foil wrapped DOVE® dark chocolates
- colored sugar crystals and turbinado sugar (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and move an oven rack to middle position.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, peanut butter, and both sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs, half and half and vanilla, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl half way through.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture until fully incorporated and a stiff dough forms.
- Roll dough into one inch balls. If using, roll dough balls in colored sugar crystals. Place dough balls onto a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then quickly remove the baking sheet from the oven. Press one unwrapped DOVE® chocolate into each cookie, and return the cookies to the oven to bake for two more minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Let cookies cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature and serve.
Recipe can be halved if desired. I do not recommend refrigerating these cookies once cooled, the chocolate will ‘crystalize’ on the outside causing them to lose their shiny appearance. They are best stored in a single layer inside a container with a tight fitting lid.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 20.6 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.2 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!