You can’t go wrong with 30 Minute Mexican Lasagna for dinner, especially when you use Albertsons ground beef.
This post has been sponsored by Albertsons. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Need dinner on the table fast tonight? Give 30 Minute Mexican Lasagna a try! All your favorite festive Mexican flavors are served up Italian style in layers of ground beef, cheese, sauce, and refried beans separated with layers of flour tortilla. Smother servings in your favorite garnishes like fresh cilantro, guacamole, sour cream and black olives. Make Albertsons your one stop shop for this delicious and easy meal- they do beef the best! I’ve been an Albertsons shopper for over 20 years and I’ve always been happy with their quality meat products!
In fact, did you know that many Albertsons locations (like New Mexico!) now offer curbside pickup or even grocery delivery?! You should know by now how much I love ordering my groceries online– it saves me from impulse buying (which saves money), saves me tons of time, and saves me from having any embarrassing kid meltdown moments haha! Check here to find Albertsons locations near you, and all the ingredients you’ll need for 30 Minute Lasagna.
How to make 30 Minute Mexican Lasagna
Prep your workspace by moving an oven rack to the middle and setting the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Mix taco seasoning and water (I like to throw some chicken bullion in as well, but this is optional). Bring to a boil in the microwave, about 2 minutes, then pour half the ‘taco sauce’ into your prepared pan to coat the bottom.
Next, place a single layer of tortillas on the bottom over the sauce. I like to rip mine in half, they fit easier with the placement show below.
Next, brown your Albertsons ground beef in a 12 inch skillet, adding a pinch of salt and pepper to season the meat. (I like to start this recipe with the ground beef, and do the steps above while it is cooking to save time!)
When it’s completely browned and cooked through, mix in an entire jar of corn & black bean tomato salsa and a small can of chopped green chiles. Remove from heat and set aside.
Now, spread an ENTIRE can of refried beans over your layer of tortillas.
Top with HALF the ground beef mixture.
Cover the ground beef mixture with another layer of tortillas.
Pour THE REST of the ‘taco sauce’ over the tortillas.
Cover with HALF the Mexican cheese blend.
Place THE REST of the ground beef mixture over the cheese.
Cover with one LAST layer of tortillas.
Cover the tortillas with THE REST of the cheese and then sprinkle the top with sliced black olives.
Place it into the oven to warm all the way through and melt the cheese, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cut and serve with all the fixins, like fresh cilantro, sour cream, guacamole and even a lime wedge!
I purchased these products and more at my local Albertsons but you can also stock up and save at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. Visit Albertsons.com to find a store near you and discover some fun meal prep tips and recipe ideas!
Don’t worry if you end up getting the layering mixed up a bit- it will taste delicious in the end no matter what, especially if you use Albertsons’ high quality beef! Enjoy this recipe, and as always please rate and review to be helpful for other readers and me!Print
This delicious 30 Minute Mexican Lasagna dinner is fun and easy to make! Layers of ground beef, refried beans, tortillas, salsa, taco seasoning, and Mexican cheese blend; smothered with sliced olives, cilantro, sour cream and fresh guacamole.
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (or one packet) of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of corn & black bean tomato salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile
- 8 small (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 12 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced olives
- fresh cilantro, sour cream, guacamole garnish (all optional)
- Move an oven rack to middle position, heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. While the ground beef is cooking, mix the taco seasoning and water together and microwave until boiling, about 2 minutes. Remove from microwave, stir, and pour half the taco sauce mixture into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish to coat the bottom.
- Place a single layer of tortillas in the bottom of the casserole dish, over the taco sauce, tearing the tortillas if necessary to help them fit. When the ground beef is completely browned, stir in the entire jar of salsa and can of green chiles and set aside.
- Spread the entire can of refried beans on top of the tortillas, then spread half the ground beef mixture over the refried beans. Top with another layer of tortillas, the rest of the taco sauce, then half the shredded cheese. Continue with another layer of beef mixture (using it up), tortillas and cheese. Sprinkle the top with olives and place in the oven for 15 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese. Slice and serve with garnishes if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- Serving Size: 112
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 1614 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 24.8 g
- Cholesterol: 67 mg
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!