Holiday Party? Potluck? Game Day? You’ll be delighted with 30 Minute Cranberry Ginger Meatballs.
Warning: Cranberry Ginger Meatballs are extremely delicious and addicting; I’ve already made three batches in the last two weeks! They are so simple and come together in 30 minutes with ingredients you already have in your pantry. Whether serving these to your guests or family, they will disappear in a second! You may want to double the recipe so you get some before they’re gone :0)
How to make Cranberry Ginger Meatballs
Combine one can of jellied cranberry sauce in a deep sided skillet with a few spoonfuls of dark brown sugar, a squeeze of lemon juice, a cup of ketchup, and a spoonful of ginger paste. I like using ginger paste because it’s much easier to work with than actual ginger root and still gives you that tangy fresh ginger taste! If you have some, throw in a handful of fresh cranberries too. Cook the ingredients over medium heat until the sauce just comes to a boil.
Stir in a bag of frozen homestyle meatballs, completely coating all of them in the sauce, then cover and cook on medium for about 30 minutes, lifting the lid to stir about every 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken up and cook into the meatballs for some of the best meatballs in your life!
I like to sprinkle in a handful more fresh cranberries as a pretty garnish with a pop of color, but this is totally optional.
This recipe can also be prepared in a slow cooker by cooking up the sauce on the stovetop first, then stirring it and the meatballs together in a slow cooker and setting it to low for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally as well.
These Cranberry Ginger Meatballs are going to be a knock your socks off hit wherever you serve them. You’ll get your 5 minutes of fame :0) Just be sure to tell them the recipe is from The Goldilocks Kitchen! Enjoy and please rate and review this recipe to be helpful for other readers. Thanks!
Cranberry Ginger Meatballs
Yield 8-16 servings
This hit recipe for Cranberry Ginger Meatballs comes together in minutes thanks to pre-cooked store-bought meatballs and canned cranberry sauce. Cranberry Ginger Meatballs are great at potlucks (serve with toothpicks) or on a plate as the main course for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 (14 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, divided (optional)
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen homestyle meatballs
- Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice and ginger in a 12 inch deep-sided skillet over medium high heat. Mix and stir until thoroughly combined and sauce just barely starts to boil. If you have fresh cranberries, stir 1/2 cup fresh berries into the sauce.
- Add frozen meatballs and stir to coat in the sauce. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the meatballs are heated through and the sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in remaining fresh cranberries. Allow 5 minutes to cool and serve.
This recipe also works great in a slow cooker, just stir together all the ingredients for the sauce before adding the sauce and meatballs into the slow cooker. Cook until meatballs are heated through and serve.
Serving Size 6 meatballs
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 21.2 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 766 mg
Total Carbohydrates 30 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 12.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!