This hit recipe for Cranberry Ginger Meatballs comes together in minutes thanks to pre-cooked store-bought meatballs and canned cranberry sauce. Cranberry Ginger Meatballs are great at potlucks (serve with toothpicks) or on a plate as the main course for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 (14 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, divided (optional)
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen homestyle meatballs
- Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice and ginger in a 12 inch deep-sided skillet over medium high heat. Mix and stir until thoroughly combined and sauce just barely starts to boil. If you have fresh cranberries, stir 1/2 cup fresh berries into the sauce.
- Add frozen meatballs and stir to coat in the sauce. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the meatballs are heated through and the sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in remaining fresh cranberries. Allow 5 minutes to cool and serve.
This recipe also works great in a slow cooker, just stir together all the ingredients for the sauce before adding the sauce and meatballs into the slow cooker. Cook until meatballs are heated through and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 meatballs
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 24.3 g
- Sodium: 766 mg
- Fat: 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg