You’ll love making Creamy Chicken Biscuit Bake because it’s such an easy weeknight dinner your family! Enjoy it in as little as 40 minutes from start to finish when you already have cooked shredded chicken on hand.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, or one small onion, chopped small
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 pounds cooked shredded chicken (about 4 cups)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 and 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) jar of chopped pimiento peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of 8 refrigerator biscuits
- Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F and spray the inside of a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet set over medium high heat, then add the onion an sprink a pinch of salt over the top. Stir and cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, combine the shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento peppers in a mixing bowl. When the onion is done cooking, add it in and stir all together. Press mixture evenly into prepared casserole dish, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of cheese over the top of the chicken mixture, then place biscuit dough over the top in a single layer. Sprinkle the tops of the biscuits with the remaining cheddar cheese. Place back into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes more, or until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes then serve.
Chopped roasted red pepper, or chopped roasted green chile can be substituted for the jar of pimiento peppers if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit & creamy chicken underneath
- Calories: 521
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 1214 mg
- Fat: 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 35.1 g
- Cholesterol: 105 mg