An easy, moist, delicious Meatloaf with a perfectly crunchy crust and sweet tangy glaze with a little kick. This Meatloaf is well seasoned and so full of flavor, you will give thanks that you’re not a vegetarian.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 or 3 dashes of tabasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 16 Saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of Weber Steak and Chop seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Mix all Glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup of glaze and set aside for serving with the finished meatloaf.
- Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F. In the bowl of a food processor, add the crackers and milk. Process until crackers are in small bits and coated in milk, about 8-10 seconds. Add into the bowl the worcestershire sauce, egg, Dijon mustard, and Weber seasoning. Process until a smooth paste forms.
- Break the ground meats into chunks and add to the food processor along with the minced parsley. Process until thoroughly mixed and meatloaf mixture clumps together on one side. Press into a sprayed meatloaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Broil the top of the meatloaf for 5 minutes on high. Remove from the oven and pour the glaze over the top and evenly spread it around. Broil the meatloaf again for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice loaf and serve, passing the reserved glaze to drizzle over the slices.
If your local supermarket deli sells meatloaf mix, you are welcome to use 2 pounds of meatloaf mix in this recipe instead of the ground beef and pork.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice of 8
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 593 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.8 g
- Protein: 35.4 g
- Cholesterol: 116 mg