You can’t go wrong when you make 30 Minute Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
Quick hearty 30 Minute Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is just the solution you’re looking for when you need a delicious dinner on the table fast! Packed full of freshly roasted vegetables and the savory taste of sweet Italian sausage, everyone will love this dinner, and you’ll love how easy it is to make!
Fresh Veggies for the Win
If you’re looking to incorporate more fresh veggies into your diet, (but you still don’t like them all that much) well this is the dinner for you. The Italian sausage imparts tons of flavor to your raw rainbow produce, while roasting in your oven brings out the natural sweetness of the veggies themselves. Oh yeah I almost forgot, the whole dish is also seasoned with aromatic herbs and a little garlic too! Oh Yeahhhh indeed.
Just two steps to having 30 Minute Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner on the table tonight
Toss all your sliced/diced raw veggies with some herbs, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and set aside. Place your chopped sausage links right onto a 500 degree F sheet pan to cook for 5 minutes. This allows much of their fat to render out, so when you add your vegetables to the pan they soak up that flavorful sausage juice. Stir once or twice during a 30 minute roasting time, and it’s done!
I saved myself a bit of time and just bought a bag of crinkle-cut carrots at Walmart when I was shopping for this recipe. I think they look rather pretty! Don’t worry if the pan looks a little crowded at first, those veggies will shrink right down as they roast.
30 Minute Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is also excellent as a freezer meal. Yes I said freezer meal. Prep and season your raw veggies as outlined in the recipe, just leave out the oil. Stuff them in a gallon zipper-lock baggie, along with your sliced raw Italian sausage and freeze. Thaw in the bag, pour in a little oil and work it around, then dump out on to a hot sheet pan and cook as directed in the recipe. You could make ahead like four of these things and call yourself a true domestic goddess. Dinner is done and you just ‘nailed it!’
So here it is, the finished recipe! if you want to get really fancy, sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan over the whole thing.YUM! I hope you thoroughly enjoy this meal as much as you do making it. I want to hear feedback on this recipe, so please share your thoughts/comments with me down below and rate the recipe to help other readers. Thanks!Print
Sweet Italian sausage, bell pepper, onion, asparagus & carrots seasoned with herbs, roasted quickly in a simple sheet pan. 30 Minute Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner ingredients can be assembled ahead of time and frozen to make life even easier!
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes (or 4 red potatoes) peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 brightly colored bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow) core removed, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, thick stem ends sliced off and discarded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed through a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package sweet or mild Italian sausage
- salt and pepper.
- freshly grated parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Cover a rimmed sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the sheet pan on the center rack of your oven and heat oven to 500 degrees F. (If using a non-stick coated sheet pan, skip foil and spray.)
- Place potatoes, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, garlic, oil, oregano, basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper in a mixing bowl and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Slice sausage links into 1/2 inch pieces. Remove heated sheet pan and place sausage pieces onto pan spread out into a single layer. Place back into oven and turn the heat to 425. Roast for 5 minutes. Remove the sheet pan, stir the sausages and rendered fat around to coat the pan, and pour the prepared vegetables over and stir. Spread sausages and veggies around the pan evenly.
- Put the sheet pan back into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through roasting time. Let cool 5 minutes and serve.
Make Ahead Freezer Prep: Prepare and toss vegetables, herbs, garlic salt and pepper together as directed, leaving out the oil. Place in a gallon ziplock baggie along with sliced sausage and lay on its side in the freezer. When ready to roast, thaw overnight in the fridge or in a microwave. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into the bag and toss to coat. Pour out onto prepared, heated sheet pan and continue recipe as directed.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 527 mg
- Fat: 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 11.9 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!