Have some fun with these adorable St. Patricks Day Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies!
You are going to want to stuff your mouth with these adorable little green clover cookies- I’m warning you right now, St. Patricks Day Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies are addictive and so fun to make. Yes, you will need a cookie press to make these, but there are lots out there and you are guaranteed to find one or more different types at your local craft store. If not, here’s a link to purchase the one I love using. It’s made by the OXO brand, which engineers innovative kitchen tools that feel great in your hand and are easy to use.
The dough for St. Patricks Day Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies is simple enough- just cream together softened butter, cream cheese, sugar, an egg yolk, vanilla and lots and lots of green food coloring.
Once that’s thoroughly combined, gradually mix in your flour and salt, and try really hard not to eat this dough (because it’s sooo good, but you know, the whole ‘raw egg thing’…).
Then load it up into your cookie press and go to town! Get kids involved if there are any nearby, they will love using the cookie press, and you will too!
Bake them for just 12-14 minutes and you have adorable St. Patricks Day Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies.
Here they are cooling on a wire rack.
And here they are sprinkled with green sugar. I meant to press some of it into the cookies before they went into the oven, but I totally forgot, I was having too much fun with the cookie press. Enjoy and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!Print
Baking these cute little St. Patricks Day Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies is so much fun- they hold their shape perfectly in the oven, making them a great fit for using in a cookie press.
- 3 ounces of room temperature cream cheese, cut into tablespoon sized chunks
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon sized chunks, softened but still cool
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon liquid green food coloring (I used McCormick brand)
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F. Use a non-stick cookie sheet, or if you don’t have one, prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter together, with the paddle attachment, then add in the sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until combined and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Load into a cookie press and press out onto your prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until cookies are just starting to brown around the edges. Remove, let cookies cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack. Serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 cookies
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 8.8 g
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!